Podcasting is a surprisingly visual medium and one huge component of this is your cover art. It’s like the book cover of your show and it’s one of the first things people will see before listening. Before you start designing or hire someone to design it for you, consider the following 6 questions:
- What did you envision for the podcast cover art?
- What style(s) were you envisioning?
- Do you have any examples of podcast cover art that you like?
- Do you have styles or examples we should avoid?
- What website will your podcast be live on?
- Do you have company branding guidelines that should be followed?
Get a sense of what is out there and what you like, and with these questions answered, you will be on the right track.