Choosing music for your show is exciting but can be confusing. Before you start even considering any music, ensure that you have rights or permissions to use it. If you do not follow this advice, you could end up in trouble. With that disclaimer out of the way, how do you choose the right music for your podcast? Today I have 5 questions that will help:
- What message do you want the music to convey?
- What kind of emotions do you want to be associated with the podcast?
- Are there any musical styles or instruments that you especially like?
- Are there any musical styles or instruments you should avoid?
- Do you have any podcast intros or outros (or other songs) to use for inspiration?
Listen to the end where you will learn one more bonus tip to help elevate your show’s music.